This kit is suitable for older children 12+ years old (with a glass bottle)
Children will experiment using colored sand in two projects;
- To create an artistic sand bottle by using the designing tools.
- To color sand art sheets.
Some of the skills to be learned are :
- Color matching, pattern making
- Fine motor skills by gripping the design tools.
- Inspires creative thinking and imagination.
- Cultivates children’s patience.
- Promotes self-confidence and independence when children create something from start to finish.
- Sand activities are proven to reduce stress.
- 1x 55ml Glass bottle with cork
- 3x Sand cards A5 Size (21x15cm) (Choose from four different themes: Safari Animals, Sea Animals, Dinosaurs and Mini-beasts)
- 13x Sachets colored sand includes: red,orange,yellow,pink,green,brown,black,lavender, white& blue.
- 1x Plastic Funnel
- 1x Designing tool
*Recommended ages 12+
*Parental supervision is recommended.
Instructions to create the Sand Art Bottle:
- Hold the bottle with one hand and design with the other one.
- Pick out a sandbag
- Use the funnel to channel the sand into the tip of the bottle with minimal spillage.
- Start pouring some sand slowly.
- Layer the colors of sand to create a fun pattern
- As you go, use the wooden design tool to push the layers down to create designs within each layer.
- Make sure you fully fill the bottle before you secure the lid.
Instructions to color the Sand Art Cards:
- Place an A4 paper under the card to collect sprinkled sand & minimize mess.
- Use the tip of the wooden tool to peel off the adhesive parts to do one color at a time (best to start with darker colors first)
- Sprinkle with your choice of colored sand
- Use the wooden tool to spread the sand over if needed.
- Pour back excess sand onto a piece of paper and then into the sandbag to use for other cards.
- Create & Enjoy!