This kit is a good foundation for young ones to start learning sand art skills.
Children will experiment using coloured sand in two projects;
- To create patterns inside a plastic bottle by using designing tools.
- To colour sand art sheets.
Some of the skills to be learned are :
- Colour matching and pattern making.
- Fine motor skills by gripping the design tools.
- Inspires creative thinking and imagination.
- Cultivates children’s patience.
- Promotes self-confidence and independence when children create something from start to finish.
- Sand activities are proven to reduce stress.
- 2x Mini plastic bottles with sealing lid (Bear approximately 6.5cm x 4.5cm Shell approximately 6.5cm x 5.5cm)
- 3x Sand art cards A5 Size (21x15cm) (Four different themes to choose from: Safari Animals, Sea Animals, Dinosaurs and Mini-beasts)
- 13x Sachets coloured sand includes: red, orange, yellow, pink, green, brown, black, lavender, white& blue.
- 1x Plastic funnel
- 1x DIY Graffiti bag ( Randomly chosen from a range of themes)
- 6 Pack coloured markers
- 1x Designing tool
*Recommended ages 4.5+ yrs old
*Parental supervision is recommended.
*Sand bottles/cards are empty/uncoloured, coloured pictures are just a sample of the finished product.
Instructions to create the Sand Art Bottle :
- Hold the bottle with one hand and design with the other one.
- Pick out a sandbag
- Use the funnel to channel the sand into the tip of the bottle with minimal spillage.
- Start pouring some sand slowly.
- Layer the colors of sand to create a fun pattern
- As you go, use the design tool(end of the paintbrush)to push the layers down to create designs within each layer.
- Make sure you fully fill the bottle before you secure the lid.
Instructions to colour the Sand Art Cards:
- Place an A4 paper under the card to collect sprinkled sand & minimize mess.
- Use the tip of the wooden tool to peel off the adhesive parts to do one color at a time (best to start with darker colors first)
- Sprinkle with your choice of colored sand
- Use the wooden tool to spread the sand over if needed.
- Pour back excess sand onto a piece of paper then into the sandbag to use for other cards.
- Create & Enjoy!
Instructions to colour the Graffiti bag:
- Place a barrier inside the bag (e.g. an exercise book) to prevent colour stain at the back of the bag.
- Use the coloured markers to colour your bag.
- Be creative and have fun!