This kit is a good foundation for children aged 12+ yrs old to start learning sand art skills.
Children will experiment using coloured sand to create patterns inside a glass jar by using some designing tools.
Some of the skills to be learned are :
- Colour matching and pattern making
- Fine motor skills by gripping the design tools.
- Inspires creative thinking and imagination.
- Cultivates children’s patience.
- Promotes self-confidence and independence when children create something from start to finish.
- Sand activities are proven to reduce stress.
- 1x (200ml) Glass jar with lid
- 10x Sachets coloured sand includes: red, orange, yellow, pink, green, brown, black, lavender, white& blue.
- 1x Colourful beach bag size 30x37cm with a zip closure
- 1x Bag pebbles for decoration
- 1x Scented candle
- 1x Plastic funnel
- 1x Designing tool
*Recommended ages 12+ years old
*Parental supervision is recommended.
Instructions to create the Sand Art Bottle :
- Hold the bottle with one hand and design with the other one.
- Pick out a sandbag
- Use the funnel to channel the sand into the tip of the bottle with minimal spillage.
- Start pouring some sand slowly.
- Layer the colours of sand to create a fun pattern
- As you go, use the design tool(end of the paintbrush)to push the layers down to create designs within each layer.
- Make sure you fully fill the bottle before you secure the lid.