This art kit is a good foundation for children aged 12+ yrs old to start learning sand art skills.
Children will experiment using coloured sand to create patterns inside a glass jar by using some designing tools.
Some of the skills to be learned are :
- Colour matching and pattern making
- Fine motor skills by gripping the design tools.
- Inspires creative thinking and imagination.
- Cultivates children’s patience.
- Promotes self-confidence and independence when children create something from start to finish.
- Sand activities are proven to reduce stress.
- 1x (150ml) Glass jar with lid
- 2x Sand art card A5 Size (21x15cm) (Five different themes to choose from: Safari Animals, Sea Animals, Dinosaurs, Seasons and Mini-beasts)
- 13x Sachets coloured sand includes: red, orange, yellow, pink, green, brown, black, lavender, white& blue.
- 1x Bag pebbles for decoration
- 1x Scented candle
- 1x Plastic funnel
- 1x Designing tool
*Recommended ages 12+ years old
*Parental supervision is recommended.
Instructions to create the Sand Art Bottle :
- Hold the bottle with one hand and design with the other one.
- Pick out a sandbag
- Use the funnel to channel the sand into the tip of the bottle with minimal spillage.
- Start pouring some sand slowly.
- Layer the colours of sand to create a fun pattern
- As you go, use the design tool(end of the paintbrush)to push the layers down to create designs within each layer.
- Make sure you fully fill the bottle before you secure the lid.
Instructions to create the Velvet Art Flower:
- Use coloured markers (included) to decorate the flower before construction. Ensure that any colour is dry before continuing.
- Starting from the outside, roll the flower template inwards until you reach the Centre. Make sure you roll the flower as tight as possible so that it holds it’s shape.
- Use a glue dot to attach the bottom piece to the side of the flower, leaving an opening in the Centre for the stem.
- Fold a stem in half and twist the two pieces tightly together until you reach half way.
- Thread a leaf onto one half of the stem . Continue to twist the two halves together until you reach the end.
- Place the stem into the Centre of the flower and use glue dots to secure the two together.