This art kit is a good foundation for young ones to start learning sand art skills.
Children will experiment using coloured sand in two projects;
- To create patterns inside a plastic bottle by using designing tools.
- To colour sand art sheets.
Some of the skills to be learned are :
- Colour matching and pattern making
- Fine motor skills by gripping the design tools.
- Inspires creative thinking and imagination.
- Cultivates children’s patience.
- Promotes self-confidence and independence when children create something from start to finish.
- Sand activities are proven to reduce stress.
- 1x Plastic bottle with lid 55ml
- 2x Sand art cards A5 Size (21x15cm) (Five different themes to choose from: Safari Animals, Sea Animals, Dinosaurs, Seasons and Mini-beasts)
- 8x Sachets colored sand includes: red, orange, yellow, pink, green, brown, black, lavender, white& blue.
- 1x DIY Graffiti bag (Bag will be randomly chosen from a range of colors)
- 6 Pack Colored markers
- 1x Designing tool (wooden stick/brush)
- 1x Plastic funnel
*Recommended ages 4.5+ years old
*Parental supervision is recommended.
*Sand bottles/cards are empty/uncolored, coloed pictures are just a sample of the finished product.
Instructions to create the Sand Art Bottle :
- Place an A4 paper underneath the bottle to minimize mess & collect any sand spillage to reuse
- Pick out a sandbag
- Start pouring some sand slowly
- Layer the colors of sand to create a fun pattern
- As you go, use the design tool(wooden stick)to push the layers down to create designs within each layer.
- Make sure you fully fill the bottle with sand before you secure the lid.
- Enjoy! (Tip: Hold the bottle with one hand and design with the other one)
Instructions to color the Sand Art Cards:
- Place an A4 paper underneath the card to collect sprinkled sand & minimize mess.
- Use the tip of the wooden tool to peel off the paper from the adhesive card. Tip : push down with the wooden stick on a black line on the card
- Sprinkle with your choice of colored sand. Tip: Do one color at a time, best to start with darker colors first
- Use the wooden tool to spread the sand over if needed.
- Pour the excess sand from the card onto the A4 paper then into the sandbag to reuse
- Create & Enjoy!
Instructions to color the Graffiti Bag:
- Place a barrier inside the bag (e.g. an exercise book) to prevent color stain at the back of the bag.
- Use the colored markers to color your bag.
- Be creative and have fun!