This art kit is a good foundation for children of ages 7+ to start learning sand art skills.
Children will experiment using colored sand in two projects;
- To create patterns and drawings inside a glass jar by using a designing tool.
- To color sand art sheets.
Some of the skills to be learned are :
- Col0r matching and pattern making
- Fine motor skills by gripping the design tools.
- Inspires creative thinking and imagination.
- Cultivates children’s patience.
- Promotes self-confidence and independence when children create something from start to finish.
- Sand activities are proven to reduce stress.
- 1x Heart shaped glass jar with aluminum sealing lid 60ml
- 2x Sand art cards A5 Size (21x15cm) (Five different themes to choose from: Safari Animals, Sea Animals, Dinosaurs, Seasons and Mini-beasts)
- 10x Sachets colored sand includes: red, orange, yellow, pink, green, brown, black, lavender, white& blue.
- 1x DIY Graffiti bag (Bag will be randomly chosen from a range of colors)
- 6 Pack Colored markers
- 1x Designing tool
*Recommended ages 7+ years old
*Parental supervision is recommended.
*Sand bottles/cards are empty/uncolored, colored pictures are just a sample of the finished product.
Instructions to create the Sand Art Bottle :
- Place an A4 paper underneath the bottle to minimize mess & collect any sand spillage to reuse
- Pick out a sandbag
- Start pouring some sand slowly
- Layer the colors of sand to create a fun pattern
- As you go, use the design tool(wooden stick)to push the layers down to create designs within each layer.
- Make sure you fully fill the bottle with sand before you secure the lid.
- Enjoy! (Tip: Hold the bottle with one hand and design with the other one)
Instructions to color the Sand Art Cards:
- Place an A4 paper underneath the card to collect sprinkled sand & minimize mess.
- Use the tip of the wooden tool to peel off the paper from the adhesive card. Tip : push down with the wooden stick on a black line on the card
- Sprinkle with your choice of colored sand. Tip: Do one color at a time, best to start with darker colors first
- Use the wooden tool to spread the sand over if needed.
- Pour the excess sand from the card onto the A4 paper then into the sandbag to reuse
- Create & Enjoy!
Instructions to color the Graffiti bag:
- Place a barrier inside the bag (e.g. an exercise book) to prevent color stain at the back of the bag.
- Use the colored markers to color your bag.
- Be creative and have fun!
Instructions to create the Velvet Art Flower:
- Use colored markers (included) to decorate the flower before construction. Ensure that any color is dry before continuing.
- Starting from the outside, roll the flower template inwards until you reach the Centre. Make sure you roll the flower as tight as possible so that it holds it’s shape.
- Use a glue dot to attach the bottom piece to the side of the flower, leaving an opening in the Centre for the stem.
- Fold a stem in half and twist the two pieces tightly together until you reach half way.
- Thread a leaf onto one half of the stem . Continue to twist the two halves together until you reach the end.
- Place the stem into the Centre of the flower and use glue dots to secure the two together.